Manage My Care Application
Patients are demanding more transparency and control of their patient information and increasingly want to be able to access this information directly. The Manage My Care application by Bits in Glass leverages emerging norms around self-service that enhance user experience and enable better communication between patients and care providers.
Patients and care teams have better insight into key data and events with instant reminders, event notifications, and alerts that support a proactive approach to requesting information from patients as needed, while simultaneously flagging incidents and key data points for care providers to review and respond to as needed. When combined with the patient-specific rules engine, healthcare organizations are enabled to implement individualized health care for all of their patients providing better alignment to the patient’s overall treatment plan.
Divided into two major areas, the Patient Portal and Provider Portal, the Manage My Care application is designed to support any operation that needs to interact with large numbers of patients while simultaneously managing them as either a population or individually. With specific functionality centered around chronic disease management, the portal is also ideally suited to patients with long-term needs.
Features and Functionality:
A Patient Portal that allows patients to
- Submit quantitative information such as blood pressure, weight, pulse, fluid intake/outtake, and any other qualitative measure.
- Submit qualitative information such as long-term health plan and life goals and symptom assessment for indicators such as anxiety, energy, and pain.
- Review any previously submitted information for long-term review and lifestyle planning
- Raise concerns for review by a care provider either immediately or during the next face to face meeting about any piece of submitted information
- Track medication and physician data and contact information
- A secure communication area allowing for messaging between themselves and care providers
- Assign delegates to act on their behalf for situations such as outpatient care where home visitation staff are allowed to interact on a patient’s behalf.
A Provider Portal that allows Care Providers to
- View all submitted information for a patient including a comparative visualization against population data. E.g. Comparing an individual’s results against other patients
- A patient-specific event history designed to highlight new events of note either for a specific patient or for all patients assigned to any given facility
- Set population level thresholds for any inbound data (such as blood pressure) that will trigger automatic alerts and workflows when encountered
- Set individual, patient-specific, thresholds for any measure that automatically trigger alerts and workflows when encountered.
In addition to the two portals the Manage My Care application also:
- Supports IOT device integration with off the shelf devices, such as blood pressure cuffs, allowing patients to take physiological readings from home and bringing that data into the application
- Bidirectional integration with existing EMRs via HL7 for patient and qualitative data